We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I don't know if you really want my feedback, but I think it would be helpful to teachers new to TC and uploading their entire class to be able to click the entire list of lessons as mastered then be able to go back and un-click or change the color. This could expedite uploading all the children's data. Also an quick ability to un-click a lesson you may have clicked by mistake would be good too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For example, I would like to note the followup that they chose to do and when they plan to turn it in. Could be a comment box next to the lesson that does not go to a specific child. I could also write down things I think went well with the lesson and things I might do differently next time I present it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I wish Transparent Classroom had a way for me to print the Activity page from transparent classroom for a particular timeframe without me having to copy and paste into another software program.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I wish Transparent Classroom had a way for me to print the Activity page from transparent classroom for a particular timeframe without me having to copy and paste into another software program.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is there a way for us to be able to in put lessons between primary and elementary?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My husband does not have an email account and does not access information on the computer. Not being able to print these reports is very frustrating and makes them inaccessible for my husband.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can you put the primary lesson of sensorial experience for binomial, trinomial, and hierarchical trinomial cube into elementary asap? TY

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m actually at a conference today, so I won’t be able to do this until tomorrow. You can do it quite easily. I would just open up a tab for the primary lessons and a tab for the elementary lessons and create the lessons in the elementary tab, copying and pasting the description.

If you still want me to do it tomorrow, just email me about it tomorrow.

9. I think it should say presented for ongoing work instead of practiced, what do you think?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The reason it says practiced is because it applies both to the first time and the second and third that you might write down that a child was presented or practiced an ongoing lesson.

That said, if you want to customize it, at some point you’ll be able to. Might be a little while before we get around to this, we’ll announce it.

10. I would like to go back in time and show the lesson plan for a previous moment in time (1 week, 2 weeks, 3 months, etc). Licensing in my state requires that I can show the licensor past lesson plans.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A parent just replied to a note that we had marked as "private." This took us by surprise, but we're very glad he replied. I double-checked, and there it is in gray, marked 'private.' But it went out as email to the parents. This is not supposed to happen, right? Is this a new glitch, or has it been happening all along?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. some children do not get a lesson themselves but are invited to watch a lesson, so they may have an idea of what to do but may need support to choose independently since they did not get to handle the material themselves.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I accidentally checked a box on the children's progress that I should not have checked. No matter what I do I can't get it to go back to being unchecked. Help!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To address this, you have to understand a bit about what’s going on here.

When you “check” a box and save it, we creates an “observation” in the tool. Because we don’t want to let anyone accidentally delete an observation that someone typed in, and because some observations have multiple children/lessons on them, we don’t allow deleting already saved observations this way.

The way to “uncheck” a lesson therefore is to find the observation that represents it.

So, click on the lesson on the left side of the row. Find the observation on the lesson page that has the child you want to “uncheck” and either delete or change that observation. That should do the trick.

Please let me know if this is confusing or doesn’t seem to work.

14. As one teacher in classroom that is open from 7 am-6 pm I have several different assistants that I work with throughout the day. These assistants have a variety of experience in a Montessori classroom and I would love for them to have their own accounts about be able to posting updates, observations, and photos. However, I would like to be able to be the one to decide whether or not their posts, observations, or photos are made public to parents (maybe this exists already?).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Elizabeth,

For now, this is something we are asking you to work out directly with your assistants.

The reason for this is that policies for how assistants should post vary widely from school to school.

You could do what some of our schools do:

Ask assistants to post but to post everything as “private”. Parents can’t see these posts. Then on a weekly basis, you, the guide, could go to each assistant’s page and click on “authored posts” to see what they had written. You, the guide, could then choose to make those posts public. Or perhaps you do that review session with the assistants?

Does that make sense?

15. It would be better if we could go through and check boxes and update under "Child Progress" without every single one becoming an email to parents. An entry under Activity is good to email, but I juset checked a bunch of boxes and HATE to think of all those emails going out.

A second solution would be an email digest.

I continue to worry about over-burdening parents with email notifications.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Jude, an email digest is planned (though it might be a little bit). In the meantime, you should know that we do batch up all your changes to child progress into a single email for parents. So no matter how many boxes you check, we will only send a parent 1 email each time you hit save. Does that help?

16. FYI i can't see any descriptions of the various lessons I've been clicking on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Class Forcast is the ages of the children at the beginning of the session, but is there a way to have the graph represent what we have currently?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I did not see a way to add a second parent to a child who shares the same email address or a parent that does not have an email address but may want their information sent only via text message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time we don’t plan on supporting parents without individual email addresses. It’s important for secure access that everyone have a verifiable individual login. However, you could easily work around this.

You could use a non-existent email address (email addresses at “@example.com” are “safe” in that they will never belong to a real person.).

You could give them an email address at your school just for logging in.

Parents can get a free email from gmail or yahoo and keep it private in the tool, just using it to login.

You could even have one “parent” who’s first name is both names, like “Bob & Margaret”.

19. When recording a child's progress, the blue "practiced" is not an option as you click through the colors. Much needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The idea about lessons is that a child may practice a lesson many, many times, and you can record observations about that many, many times. But for a “masterable” lesson, it really only has 3 “states” : introduced, mastered, and needs more. Some lessons are not “masterable” but are instead “ongoing”. They have only 2 “states”: practiced, and needs more.

20. Just getting parents started this week. Yesterday, the second day, a parent reports that she is getting duplicate emails of my posts. She just forwarded them so that I could see it.

Also, uploading from the app remains problematic. Sometimes it uploads the same photo twice. Some photos just sit there. Some show up within an hour. A few appeared this morning that I had tried to do yesterday.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this as we haven’t heard any more info. Let us know if we should open it up again.

Hi Jude,

I’m happy to take a look. Could you forward the email she sent to you to me? That will help me look. One thing I have seen before is that our system sends an email to parents when an observation is edited. So if you wrote an observation, then changed it, she might have gotten two. Otherwise, please send, and I’ll investigate.

Not sure about the iPhone. We are testing it more here at Lighthouse Montessori, see if we can recreate the problem.

• Don't see your idea?